Kohl’s Children Museum
Kohl’s Children Museum, Glenview, IL; 2011
Scope of Work: The Kohl Children’s Museum hired Troop Contracting, Inc (Troop) to perform aesthetic repairs to the Waterworks Exhibit as well as install a custom durable wall surface treatment consistent for a water environment.
Prior to installing a specialized 3-coat epoxy wall surface with integral cove base, Troop handled the demolition and replacement of the existing perimeter walls, selective framing, and doors/frames. This involved demolition of the drywall up to 8’-0” H; safely supporting, cutting & removing metal studs; and replacing all wall surfaces with new mold-resistant drywall. Definable features of work included:
- Specialized 3-coat epoxy wall treatment with integral cove base with unique pattern (Wave)
- Plumbing disconnects and reconfigure
- New framing and drywall
- Painted adjacent surface with marine-grade epoxy paint
- New door/frame
- Grinded existing concrete floor and applied epoxy sealer
- All labor to relocate all exhibits as required
Team Value Add: Troop worked very closely with the owner to come up with a long-term specialized solution that met their operational, aesthetic and budgetary needs.
Client Reference: Curt Adams, Vice President of Facilities and Maintenance; firstname.lastname@example.org